river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Benchmark organization
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 12:43:41 GMT
On 28-02-11 13:13, Dan Creswell wrote:

>> Is there a better solution?
>>

> Dunno, but I'm thinking a clean separation of build/module/packaging from
> test might be the way to go. Testing lifecycle and the things it touches are
> unrelated to modules and such the build system yields and we want to account
> for that.

It depends on what you want to achieve. A benchmark will be long
running, so why bother about a long compile&package.

When you want a rapid profiling session, we are talking about dependency
based recompile, and skipping packaging in most cases. This profiling
will happen in a IDE, this is custom for the developer, so no need to
change the build system.

Are there cases i missed, proving the case of modularizing?

Gr. Sim