river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Graduation tasks- Hudson jobs
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 20:25:09 GMT
Yes the QA suite actually requires Java 1.6 to compile, then you can
test it on Java 1.5, from memory this used to work on Java 1.4 too.
This was known to work with jsr14, this might not work with a 1.5 target.

The problem is that some tests in the QA suite utilise sun proprietary
classes, not much good for portability.

That's the big issue with our current build, currently implementations
are driving the platforms we can support.

This is why I'd like to see the build broken up:

   1. Platform
   2. Platform Libs.
   3. Service Reference Implementations (individually).
   4. Library containing Preferred classes (since these are used by both
      the platform and service proxy's but not shared).
   5. QA Harness.
   6. Jini Compliance Tests
   7. (Implementation tests go with each implementation)

Since most become separate builds, we could even consider using Ant for
some and Gradle for others, if this makes sense on a case by case basis.

Peter.