river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: jeri?
Date Mon, 14 Feb 2011 12:41:52 GMT
On 14-02-11 13:22, Dan Creswell wrote:
> Android and the consequences is one angle certainly. I was thinking
> something maybe a bit more sacred like:
>
> All services exposed via REST and dynamically discovered (properly as
> opposed to the more traditional definition of dynamic discovery used for the
> web which involves having a specific URL to start from and some feed or
> another to parse).
>
> If one goes wholly REST the idea of movable code everywhere is less relevant
> though not eliminated (it's still an attractive proposition for certain
> platforms/environments).

REST, big leap, lets try. Are you talking about dictionary based
exchange of parameters and result? Textual (or value) data is easy
serialized, but how about references to exposed services. Serialize by url?
What do we validate on going from dynamic structures to statically typed?

Do you envision a multi language/platform solution here?

Gr. Sim