river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [TALLY] [VOTE] drop JDK 5 compatibility
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 15:11:56 GMT
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 11-02-11 15:17, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> there is considerable opposition to dropping Java 5 support at this
>> time. The real question is whether we had allowed long enough for anyone
>> who objected to dropping 1.4 to say so. I think we have.
>
> I do too. How do we proceed from here? SVN is up again, did the svn
> switch work out for you? Or did u use relocate?

My plan is:

1. Do a clean trunk check-out from the new location.

2. Copy the changed modules from my skunk workarea to the new trunk
workarea. The includes changing the default compiler build target.

3. Do an abbreviated test sequence. I've already done a full QA of the
skunk branch.

4. Check-in.

Patricia