river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: [TALLY] [VOTE] drop JDK 5 compatibility
Date Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:52:20 GMT
On 11-02-11 13:34, Benson Margulies wrote:
> Holding a formal vote as a way of discovering (e.g. spelunking,
> humorously) whether a consensus exists is fine. My point, such as it
> was, is that once you have a supply of -1 votes, you're really done.
> It doesn't matter exactly how much time has passed, or whether you put
> RESULTS in a subject line, or any of those things. You've learned that
> there is no consensus for the proposal.

I guess you misunderstood my concern to do it right, fair and equal for
me pushing through a point. I agree it was rather mechanical, but hey,
it served a purpose. I'm happy with the results. Indeed very happy. I've
strong feeling whe have really accomplished something. And somehow i
think it is impolite to ignore a vote once it is cast, and that was
probably the main driver for the tally of vetos. And really i could not
think of another way to determine the consensus.

Gr. Sim