river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:12:08 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 1102AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

> On 18-01-11 16:50, Dennis Reedy wrote:
>>> - reproducable builds (from svn)
>
> I was refering to a process where you have a reproducable build, irrespective of external
dependencies.

By definition the build is reproducable. Not sure I get what you're after here.

> Yes, that means jars in svn.

Generally bad practice. If the project moves forward and does acquire external dependencies,
its simple enough to add them as dependencies on a module-by-module basis. The dependencies
are then resolved and downloaded when the project is buit. There should be no reason to clutter
your enlistment system with 3rd party jars.