river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:26:33 GMT
I think we are bordering on kicking a dead horse here :)

On Jan 18, 2011, at 1116AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

> On 18-01-11 17:07, Dennis Reedy wrote:
>> Seems like its just a one-time utility. Moving the files into their
>> constituent module results in the new project structure. Its nothing
>> that needs to be done more than once IMO. Once they are moved, they
>> stay. Or maybe I just dont get what you're asking for.
>
> Assuming it is done without error, and no discussion during the process.

There is no assumption. Verification of the created jars is the validation that the structure
has succeeded. Any errors are caught because:

1. Modules will not compile unless classes are organized correctly
2. Services will not start because classes cannot be found
3. Test cases fail because the project structure is incorrect.

I'm not sure, but maybe you're missing the fact that the reorganized modules contain the source
code that in turn produces the jars. There is no real magic here, no classdepandjar, nothing
to move round in a reliable way.