river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:09:43 GMT
This is part of the discussion on River-300, right?  Can it be moved
and tracked in Jira?

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 4:07 PM, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Seems like its just a one-time utility. Moving the files into their constituent module
results in the new project structure. Its nothing that needs to be done more than once IMO.
Once they are moved, they stay. Or maybe I just dont get what you're asking for.

>> If you need to move files around, then you have 2 options, move them in a branch
until you are satisfied, or make a script that does a svn co or svn export, moves the files
around.

>> I feel the latter has better reproducability. We can individually test it, when we
are in agreement, we can execute it.

>> I'm not talking about the new project structure, that can be build in svn next to
the current one (in trunk), but the files that need to moved (ex: source files distributed
over different directories).