river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:41:20 GMT
> Well one problem with the current build system is the time taken, not only
> to build it, but to test it, taking around 20 hours.  A modular build will
> speed development, allowing developers to concentrate on one module and the
> tests applicable to that module.

Don't we get around this by only specifying certain test categories or
even individual tests?  Would better documentation/examples on how to
do that solve the problem equally well?

When building on Hudson, isn't one 20 hour build the same thing a 20
one hour module builds?

What did I miss?

I'm not trying to rubbish all the effort that has gone into the Maven
build (and that other one the name of which escapes me).  I do
apologise if it looks that way.  I'm just trying to understand.