river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 16:07:01 GMT
Seems like its just a one-time utility. Moving the files into their constituent module results
in the new project structure. Its nothing that needs to be done more than once IMO. Once they
are moved, they stay. Or maybe I just dont get what you're asking for.

On Jan 18, 2011, at 1059AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

> On 18-01-11 16:50, Dennis Reedy wrote:
>>> - scripted tree reorganisation
>
> If you need to move files around, then you have 2 options, move them in a branch until
you are satisfied, or make a script that does a svn co or svn export, moves the files around.

> I feel the latter has better reproducability. We can individually test it, when we are
in agreement, we can execute it.

> I'm not talking about the new project structure, that can be build in svn next to the
current one (in trunk), but the files that need to moved (ex: source files distributed over
different directories).