river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Preparations for release
Date Sun, 23 Jan 2011 00:42:36 GMT
Patricia Shanahan wrote:
> Anything I can do to help with that? Unfortunately, I don't have
> access to any SPARC systems.
Hmm,

I might be able to help there, from memory, if you give me a public ssh
key, I can set up a home directory for you on my machine, containing
said key, making it possible for you to log in remotely, I can even set
up a zone for you if you wish.

Currently the sparc hardware I have is aging (Ultra II and Ultra III
based) , the software is relatively current, being Solaris 10,
considering this is a volunteer effort, I'm not sure how much longer
I'll be able to provide support for sparc hardware, so if it doesn't
prove worthwhile, we can consider dropping support for sparc, unless
someone objects.

I'm a Mech Engineer, so these are sparc workstations, with maxed out ram
and dual xvr-1000's.

Anyone want 2 pairs of Crystal Eyes 3D glasses and accessories?

Cheers,

Peter.

> Patricia
>

> On 1/22/2011 4:21 PM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> Ok, I should have another attempt at trying to figure out why tests are
>> failing on Solaris sparc and Java 1.6 too.
>>
>> Peter.
>>
>> Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> I have a bug fix I need to integrate and test, replacing the FastList
>>> in outrigger with one that works even under mixed add/remove stress
>>> load. I'm planning to use this as a vehicle for setting up structures
>>> for unit benchmarks, but that can wait. I'll go ahead with the bug fix