river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Preparations for release
Date Sat, 22 Jan 2011 23:02:03 GMT
In preparation for release, we need to determine if everyone's happy
with the current trunk, so it can be branched and released.

I like to make any changes prior to branching if possible, which means
the branch is a snapshot of the current trunk.

I noticed there appear to be some unfinished discussions regarding
configuration and it appears that we have three configuration systems at
present and some concern of about adding a new project dependency.

At present River has a provider system which allows plugging in
different configuration providers, which means that it doesn't create
any dependency's for clients or application code, instead the
configuration can be chosen at deployment time, there may be an
advantage in having another choice for configuration for new developers
already familiar with Velocity.

Can we finish the discussion?

Cheers,

Peter.