river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Dependency Analsys
Date Fri, 21 Jan 2011 10:06:53 GMT
When I worked on the replacement for ClassDep with Tim Blackman, I
created a data object to capture the dependency relationships, ClassDep
is now just a wrapper for another implementation called ClassDepend.

Looking at class dependency relationships with ClassDep is a one way
affair, you only find dependencies.  However with ClassDepend, you can
capture the entire codebase and hold the entire relationship between all
classes in a collection.  Each object that represents a class contains a
list of dependant classes as well as the classes it depends upon, you
can traverse dependencies in either direction.

The question is, how can we present or visualise this class relationship
graph?  Anyone know of any good tools?

Cheers,

Peter.