river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 09:32:16 GMT
On 18-01-11 09:57, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Perhaps you might like to assist with the investigation / experiment? We
> can delay the vote until we've got a better understanding of the
> benefits and pitfalls.
>
> I'm just following what Dennis has donated on River-300, I'm no expert.

I don't reject the idea that there is something better than ant for
building. But throwing things away based on a prototype for a new build,
i'm against.

I'm happy with ant. If somebody else would start a design document on
the wiki, i will contribute in a positive and constructive way, even if
that means that ant has to go in the end. But i wont contribute any time
to the build process (other than the design effort) until this has been
resolved, i consider it wasted time if i do.

Please do not confuse this with a +1 vote for removing the old build
system. The vote should come after the design phase.

Gr. Sim