river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: add extra call to ServiceStarter
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 22:28:45 GMT
On 1/10/2011 8:32 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 10-01-11 15:27, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
>> On 10-01-11 15:23, Tom Hobbs wrote:
>>> Sounds like a sensible idea.
>>
>> Modification commited.
>>

> I'm not happy with the swallowing of the exceptions in main(Configuration config).
>
> Shall i remove the catches and leave the SecurityManager check?
>
> Or shall i rethrow the exceptions?

I generally try and do one of two things.  Either provide a "reportException(
Throwable)" method that can be overridden in a subclass, and which uses Logger
to log the exceptions, or provide a delegate for exception reporting so that the
user of the class can have a callback reporting problems which occur buy which
the implementation is not prepared to allow them to deal with.

Gregg Wonderly