river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:58:57 GMT
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 14-01-11 12:25, Tom Hobbs wrote:
>> As a community we have gotten into the habit of making changes in the
>> trunk, which is probably a mistake.  Given that we're (hopefully)
>> graduating soon we should probably be making more of an effort to
>> attaching patches to Jira items and branching.
>
> I'm all for development on the trunk. Stabilisation can take place in
> a branch.

I believe I fell foul of that mistake not so long ago, I'd been
developing in trunk, only to discover that quite a number of tests
weren't run by qa.run, the changes had to be reverted and development
continued in skunk.

After that I believe the consensus was to develop in skunk and then
bring / merge code into trunk.

Cheers,

Peter.