river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Fri, 14 Jan 2011 11:08:26 GMT
On 14-01-11 11:49, Dan Creswell wrote:
> So the question is, when do we need consensus on such things?

On the practical side, for replacing the build system. yes.

If we have consensus in replacing it, i will instantly stop thinking
about the current system. I won't even dare to refactor a bit. But now,
with the replacement coming or not, it's in a vacuum, thinking/not
thinking, forking/not forking, thinking but not coding? And to be
honest, i can't imagine i'm the only one. I'm sure somebody out there
will think: "What are they going to do with my contribution if i make
any? Accept it in trunk? Let it rot in skunk? Delete it all together?
Should i better start collecting stamps or doing the groceries?".

Gr. Sim