river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: converting RegistrarImpl to public class
Date Wed, 12 Jan 2011 11:24:05 GMT
On 12-01-11 12:00, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> With respect to protected, I don't think that's a good idea, it forces
> you to extend something not designed for extension.

Our 'users' are developers. What are you going to do. Force them to fork
if they want to derive it? Occupy river package namespace?

No. That will send people on their own path, instead of pulling them in
to the river community.

Gr. Sim

Rant: i really hate it, toolkits that hide precious stuff from me the
user, "noho, you can only use it the way WE intended". Who cares what i
do with it. I'm responsible for my own distribution of the product that
includes river, especially if it means i taught it to sing and dance.