river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: One-step Jini Infrastructure Startup
Date Tue, 11 Jan 2011 21:58:45 GMT
On 01/11/2011 10:13 PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
> In any case, you can download a release candidate (although I should
> probably not call it a release candidate, since I'm not proposing a
> release right now) at
> http://people.apache.org/~gtrasuk/JiniInfrastructure-0_1RC.zip.

Indeed, you should not call it a release or a release candidate. A
release is described in

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what

If it stays within the dev list, i see no problem. Please don't
advertise the URL outside of the dev list.

Most readers on the dev list know how to manage SVN, or should be. So
baking a release look-a-like zip shouldn't be necessary.

Gr. Sim