river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: An in memory configuration builder
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 16:47:29 GMT
On 10-01-11 17:32, Greg Trasuk wrote:
> - User includes "EasyDefaultConfig.jar" in their classpath.

That would also be a possible approach. A possible source of headaches
is classpath issues in the ordering of resources. ("The last one wins",
or something like that) And there is the static-ness of things.

Suppose we have a standalone configurator, that can create files (a
file) if we want to. We need to plug the output of it, in a static
rendezvous to be picked up by the
META-INF/services/net.jini.config.Configuration implementation.

And this would hinder the user to experiment with his/hers own
Configuration service, because it is a all or nothing thing.

But doable.

Gr. Sim