river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: converting RegistrarImpl to public class
Date Mon, 10 Jan 2011 09:31:11 GMT
On 09-01-11 12:29, Dan Creswell wrote:
> For a simple "make something local" exercise, slight tweaks to the service
> impl like making it public are enough. For more in depth stuff, as you're
> suggesting (and as done with Blitz's LocalSpace) there tends to be a lot
> more wiring and infrastructure that doesn't necessarily fit well inside of
> the core service impl.

I agree that the wiring does not necessary have to be in the river-runtime.

> A factory makes it nice and easy to get what one is after whilst providing a
> layer of separation that affords a lot of flex in building exactly what's
> required.

Shall we go for a 'protected' for both registrar implementations then?
Because if you want to work with the binary dist, and stay out of the
package space for river, work without reflection, you need to have some
access.

Gr. Sim