river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: converting RegistrarImpl to public class
Date Sun, 09 Jan 2011 10:52:29 GMT
On 08-01-11 14:47, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
>> On 08-01-11 12:53, Dan Creswell wrote:
>>> Motivation for the change?
>>
>> To make an embedded deployment possible.
> Are you lacking dynamic class loading?
> Are you trying to create a local registrar for a jvm that can't do
> dynamic classloading but acts as a registrar and provide services to
> client jvm's that can classload?

It is an environment, where you only have 1 vm started by webstart, no
user configuration, self determining config. Where i want to start a
registry. I want very little ports opened, to limit the users personal
firewall complaining (and causing worried support calls). Datacomm
backbone costs are high, mobile users with a local lan. No systems
manager, enduser setup. Webstart bulk download is primed before
deployment in the field.

Autoconfiguration is partly the automatic determination of non- vs
broad/multi cast network interfaces to limit chatter to the local lan,
and not on the VPN or mobile backbone. Automatic reconfiguration on
change of network topology during running of vm. For instance shutdown
of vpn or backbone connections and later reappearing on different
interfaces.

Platform independent, mac, windows, linux. Embedded headless deployment,
personal laptop.

And if possible, different timeouts on leases, determined by the type of
network interface. Short timeouts on lowcost paths long timeouts on
highcost paths.

Gr. Sim