river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: quoting
Date Thu, 06 Jan 2011 14:59:22 GMT
On 06-01-11 15:42, Wade Chandler wrote:
>> From: Sim IJskes - QCG<sim@qcg.nl>
>> Shall we reduce the amount of quoting please?!
>>
>> And as a  rule, declare that a quote may not be any longer than the actual
>> reply.

> Either way, those things need to have enough context to understand what is being
> answered or replied to and who said what as to not wind up later with someone
> thinking X said A when Y said A...people are funny creatures about that
> sometimes.

It takes reading of a complete thread to understand what is meant anyhow.

Thats why we need to come to conclusions here at river-dev. What i see
is a lot of people who love to discuss, and quote, and re-quote, and
drift in all different directions.

And really, i don't see much output. Yes. You are quite right, i don't
consider discussions output. When a discussion quiets, every feels
content, they have said what they wanted to say. And what did we
accomplish? Nothing in my book.

So please, direct your (i mean everybody) energy to creating something
that is less ephemeral than the consensus of the day. Lets start
building something!

The wiki awaits your input....

Gr. Sim