river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: build mechanisms
Date Tue, 18 Jan 2011 13:05:59 GMT

On Jan 18, 2011, at 729AM, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:

> On 18-01-11 13:08, Dennis Reedy wrote:
>>> But i maintain, i will vote -1 if there is no document describing the underlying
functions. It doesn't have to be a big one, but i still want it.

>> Underlying functions? Explain.
>
> Explain what? What a function is?
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Function_%28engineering%29

Really? This is the discourse you would like to have when discussing this issue? Pointing
me to a wikipedia article to describe terminology? You cant simply provide feedback on what
you mean by underlying functions?

>>> This document can serve as a basis for explaining the build process on the website.
>>
>> This is the build process for the work contributed to RIVER-300:
>>
>> gradle build; gradle -q dist
>
> Your are making a joke right? I can read a manual just as you do. Something that adds
to the process please?

No, no joke. The documentation above is pretty much just as complete as the instructions for
building the distribution as documented on http://incubator.apache.org/river/building-river.html