river-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Formatting of River Source Tree
Date Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:48:18 GMT
Hi,

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 12:19 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG <sim@qcg.nl> wrote:
> The only technical barrier whe have is the line oriented nature of
> generating deltas or diffs in the svn.

A related fact that I didn't yet see mentioned in this thread: The
original code contribution from Sun didn't come with a
version-controlled history, so we only have "svn blame" records going
back to 2007. Thus, if you do reformat a class, in most cases there's
no need to worry too much about breaking code history.

BTW, Sim, I really like your approach of incrementally capturing
emerging consensus on a web page!

BR,

Jukka Zitting