river-dev mailing list archives

From Benson Margulies <bimargul...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Formatting of River Source Tree
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 21:42:05 GMT
Sim,

I'm not going to battle on this, but I would invite you to consider
the comparison to CXF. It's very large, and we've never had anyone
drive off in a huffman code because they hated the standardized
format. It's not 'heavenly', it's the fact that you always know what
you are looking at because the code base is uniform.

If I go to fix something, I never have to worry about meticulously
maintaining some strange code format that someone, once upon a time,
checked in. If I need to change the block structure, I can always tell
Eclipse to reformat, and know that it won't result in radical changes
or annoyed fellow contributors.

However, far be it from me to tell all of you what to do.

--benson