river-dev mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: graduation
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 00:43:27 GMT
On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 5:02 AM, Sim IJskes - QCG <sim@qcg.nl> wrote:
> Now that we have seen such a massive positive response to our roadmap
> proposal, i'm not clear on what holds us back on graduation.
>
> Maybe the mentors can shed some light on the process ahead?
>
> I've read about the graduation and we need to go through several steps to
> graduate.
>
> * Checking the Status File
> * Community Graduation Vote
> * Preparing a Charter
> * The Recommendation Vote
> * Submission of the Resolution to the Board

AFAIK, preparing the charter is not a requirement previous to the
establishment of the top level project. The Board will task the PMC to
do this. Borrowing a charter from some other PMC is also a good
starting point.

Otherwise I think you list is "pretty much it".

Review  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/river.html

--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer

I  live here; http://tinyurl.com/2qq9er