river-dev mailing list archives

From Jonathan Costers <jonathan.cost...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: hudson matrix build
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 15:22:18 GMT
2010/11/30 Sim IJskes - QCG <sim@qcg.nl>

> I've tried to create a hudson QA testing system:
>
> River-QA-runtime: building the runtime (jars).
> River-QA: matrix job triggered by River-QA-runtime
>
> Excellent!
What codebase is exactly being tested by these? The trunk? A specific
branch/tag?
Should we enable QA testing of whatever codebase we require?

> River-QA runs all combinations from systems and categories as separate
> jobs. Unfortunately every combination requires a workspace (right now) and
> the builds crew have called it a 'less optimal solution'. I think they are
> just beeing polite.
>
> So clearly until a new hudson version is released where the workspace can
> be shared between combinations, we cannot use this job.
>
> Note that there is an additional dimension to the QA harness: the
configuration it will run the tests under. At this moment, the configuration
that is used is "none". Other possibilities include "http", "https", "jeri",
"jrmp", jsse" and "kerberos" IIRC. Any combination of these can be passed to
the harness at runtime, by using the harness.config Ant property (see
qa/build.xml).