river-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DRAFT] Resolution
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 21:27:07 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 10:05 PM, Sim IJskes - QCG <sim@qcg.nl> wrote:
> To restart the thread, if i've understood correctly we are not required to
> do another release before graduating. So if can we make it for the 15
> december meeting, i would be a nice christmas present.

A release is not necessary before graduation.

However, the board meeting on December 15 is very soon. Project
reports are expected at least two days before the meeting and it's
good practice to reserve even more time for proposed resolutions.
Also, we still need to tally up the community graduation vote,
finalize the proposed resolution and conduct the IPMC vote on
graduation before reaching up for the board (see [1]). There's no need
to hurry up, so I suggest we target the January board meeting instead.

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#process

BR,

Jukka Zitting