river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: datastructure classes
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 21:13:01 GMT
Blitz too has optional FIFO-ness via configuration though it's absolutely a
performance killer for any decent concurrent load by virtue of the usual
suspects such as lock contention and the high chance of scanning entry's
that have just been taken by a thread just ahead in the queue.

To be honest though, unless FIFO is spec'd officially as an option or a
default, having developers rely on magic such as FIFO by default is "very
bad" (TM).