river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Creswell <dan.cresw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Space/outrigger suggestions
Date Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:49:14 GMT
I can understand your confusion! I don't feel like we have opposing views.
Rather we have a few proposals for differing levels of use of generics and a
bunch of concerns around each proposal relating to:

(1) How beneficial they are versus cost of implementation.
(2) All the dark corners we create as the result of unclear specs or
effectiveness of generics at runtime or user expectations.
(3) Whether or not a meaningful set of common cases could be tackled.

What one writes up from that I'm not sure. Maybe the various proposals and
the comments in respect of each....

Cheers,

Dan.