river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <ge...@cox.net>
Subject Re: Formatting of River Source Tree
Date Sun, 05 Dec 2010 18:09:18 GMT
I understand that many people have differing problems with just tabs.  All of the printing,
cating and screen dumping issues are most likely in an environment where you can use

  pr -te 4 ... | more

Many other out if the IDE/editor issues can be solved with something similar.

My main issue is, about in the editor/IDE.  Iff there are just tabs, then anything that your
IDE does with tab expansion does not hide indentation.

Iff there are only spaces, then while you are viewing, you won't see anything odd.  But when
you start editing, then you have to have your tabs set to the same number of spaces as the
source file.  Of you expand tabs to spaces all us well.  If you don't, then then next person
to view the file with a different tab setting will have a nightmare.

Sure, you have to do tabs only or spaces only everywhere for anything to work.  With tabs
you lose the problem in the editor of needing the same expansion factor.

Gregg

Sent from my iPhone