river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Space/outrigger suggestions
Date Sun, 19 Dec 2010 03:03:09 GMT
These are pretty much my feelings.

Sim, yes, a branch would be good so we can play in for testing purposes. The
code changes should be fairly small for studying impacts with the current impl
as we are talking about changing the interface of JavaSpace/05 and probably
MatchSet as well. In the case of MatchSet I think we would want it to be able to
reflect  its purpose with class level generics as it works with the required
Entry type returned from JS05 methods. Do them all for testing and planning and
give everyone a chance to check it out; at least so we can look at it and decide
from there.

I'm thinking once we have looked at it from that perspective and there is some
consensus, then we probably will want to talk about impact on the Jini use cases
overall. These changes will probably require a separate package to allow for
full compile time backward compatibility with the old API. Essentially by doing
that the old API will remain in place and the new generic versions can live side
by side.

Thanks,

Wade

Wade Chandler
Software Engineer and Developer
NetBeans Dream Team Member and Contributor

http://www.netbeans.org