river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: river.jar
Date Sun, 02 Jan 2011 08:51:33 GMT
I agree that dynamic proxy classes should remain dynamic downloads,
however much of net.jini.* isn't in the jsk-platform.jar

Should we expand the platform to contain all net.jini.*?

Except for providers? (com.sun.jini.resource.Service, similar to Java's
sun.misc.Service and java.util.ServiceLoader)

Perhaps we can include more in the platform and reduce the number of jar
archives we've got?

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Peter.

trasukg@trasuk.com wrote:
> Isn't that already jsk-platform.jar?  I would object to anything that subverts the dynamic
proxy loading concept that is central to Jini.

> It is imperative that people don't, for instance, get the service-registrar proxy impls
in their local class path.  That would break compatibility with future or alternate impls.