river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: river.jar
Date Fri, 31 Dec 2010 17:11:26 GMT
On 31-12-10 17:18, trasukg@trasuk.com wrote:
> Isn't that already jsk-platform.jar?  I would object to anything that
> subverts the dynamic proxy loading concept that is central to Jini.
>
> It is imperative that people don't, for instance, get the
> service-registrar proxy impls in their local class path.  That would
> break compatibility with future or alternate impls.

If it would be easier for people to work with river, why would we be
against it. It is about offering people options, not about forcing
people to use a certain concept. I do think to use the word 'subverting'
is indicating a strong tendency to force people to use a certain piece
of software in the way you think they should. I think this is way too
directive.

Gr. Sim