river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Space/outrigger suggestions (remote iterator vs. collection)
Date Wed, 22 Dec 2010 22:11:17 GMT
On 12/22/2010 10:02 PM, Dan Creswell wrote:
> What I would say is that if I were to do such a thing I'd be tempted more by
> JSON which is often a little less verbose than XML for many things and has
> plenty of libraries for parsing etc in almost any language. And the other
> thing I'd say is that if you're doing the work and prefer XML, you should
> get ultimate choice.

Could we use xml? XML based processing is already in the java rt and it
saves us another dependency. If things need to be tooled in a later
stage i would prefer xml. To be honest, coding in DOM will cause me to
tear at least a few hairs out, and JDOM is my favorite (which will cause
another dependency).

To be honest, my preference for XML is a purely emotional one.

Gr. Sim