river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: datastructure classes
Date Tue, 14 Dec 2010 08:18:04 GMT
On 12/13/2010 11:36 PM, MICHAEL MCGRADY wrote:
> I would say that in addition to just be a fast data structure the
> data structure must be fast and accommodate synchronous and
> asynchronous backups, partitions, and transactions.

How much of that should be in the bottom layer? As far as I can tell,
the general design of outrigger is to implement features such as
transactions on top of FastList, treating it as a fast, simple
primitive. Remember I'm not trying to create the list data structure for
the ages, just something that I can make work and that does the same job
as FastList.

Patricia