river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Website, docuemntation links, and river/src-doc/static/index.html
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 11:12:15 GMT
Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 12/12/2010 06:29 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
>> When we distribute our release artifact, the release notes contain the
>> spec, which references the api docs contained in the release artifact. I
>> spent quite a bit of time tidying up last release. I know your doing
>> this for the website, so it's a different concern. But I wonder if we
>> can have relative links, or something, so we don't end up diverging the
>> website spec docs from those we distribute with the release? Perhaps we
>> can populate the website with the last release API for the spec to
>> reference, rather than linking to the latest hudson build?
>> Don't know really, just thinking aloud.
>
> There can only be one source. So if we are converting the specs to
> mdtext to publish on the website, and we need to package them in a
> release, we should derive them from the mdtext ones, or refer to them.
>
> Release notes should be notes about the specific release, the specs
> are part of the release. We should treat them as separate units.
>
> Gr. Sim

Ok, sounds logical, when you checkout and build River, all the
documentation is build able from ant, which is then included in the
build that I release, so the copy we build for the website should also
be buildable from ant?  Does this mean we need a new tool in our lib's
to build the docs?

Cheers,

Peter.