river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: Website, docuemntation links, and river/src-doc/static/index.html
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 10:55:51 GMT
On 12/12/2010 06:29 AM, Peter Firmstone wrote:
> When we distribute our release artifact, the release notes contain the
> spec, which references the api docs contained in the release artifact. I
> spent quite a bit of time tidying up last release. I know your doing
> this for the website, so it's a different concern. But I wonder if we
> can have relative links, or something, so we don't end up diverging the
> website spec docs from those we distribute with the release? Perhaps we
> can populate the website with the last release API for the spec to
> reference, rather than linking to the latest hudson build?
> Don't know really, just thinking aloud.

There can only be one source. So if we are converting the specs to
mdtext to publish on the website, and we need to package them in a
release, we should derive them from the mdtext ones, or refer to them.

Release notes should be notes about the specific release, the specs are
part of the release. We should treat them as separate units.

Gr. Sim