river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Firmstone <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Deployment Standards / Definitions
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 07:23:58 GMT
I've created an issue on Jira.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RIVER-379

Have you got any initial concepts, draft implementations, ideas etc?
Please post them on River-379

Cheers,

Peter.

Dennis Reedy wrote:

> A 'container' is one small part of deployment. Sure Rio has a container (as do all the
projects you listed below), and you can start any of the stock River services using Rio, but
Rio is much more than that. If all you want is a container use ServiceStarter.

> Perhaps whats River needs a something that had been proposed much earlier, and that is
a standard service descriptor/archive that documents that meta data associated with a service
(artifacts, configuration, system requirements, etc ....). In this way developers dont require
a standardized deployment container, but can be confident that using a standardized archive
and bundling format that any 'container' can instantiate their service.