river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: Formatting of River Source Tree
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:24:39 GMT
On 12/9/2010 8:56 AM, Tom Hobbs wrote:
> Looks good to me.
>
> You can tell we're shaping up into to proper project team now 'cause
> the amount of time we've argued over tabs vs spaces!  :-)
>
> Next up, Vi vs Emacs!
>
> P.S. Gregg, it's great to find another Vi user, I was beginning to
> think I was all on my own!

I have a long history with VI.  I found the '%' abbreviation for '1,$' in the
source code (we had a source license in college), never saw it in any
documentation we had for V7 Unix.  When VMS first included TPU (VMS 4.x), I set
down and wrote a rather complete implementation of VI in TPU that I published on
usenet as VITPU back in the mid 1980's.  My brain is wired...

Gregg