river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Re: Formatting of River Source Tree
Date Thu, 09 Dec 2010 15:23:46 GMT
On 09-12-10 16:11, Christopher Dolan wrote:
> and many (most?) of the files have a mix of both.  So, I make the
> counter-proposal that it's too late to fix this without a lot of
> pointless code churn.  I think we need to forbid formatting fixes that
> just change tabs to spaces or vice versa.  Even when done as separate
> commits, those changes wreak havoc on diffs when trying to troubleshoot
> regressions.  I say developers just need to set their IDE to 8-chars for
> tab for this project and live with it.

Doesn't the older sources clause cover your proposal in broad lines? Do
we need to be more specific?

Gr. Sim

Do you have r/o access to staging? In case you haven't:

# Coding conventions

## Indentation
Tabs are not used. Default indentation is 4 spaces.

## Other
Contributors are advised to read
<http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/codeconv-138413.html>
and try to adhere as much as possible to these conventions.

## Older sources
We do not actively search and reformat source files
that are not formatted according to this convention.