river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Possible multi-threading bug
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 00:34:56 GMT
I've taken a quick look at the source code, and it appears to me to be
somewhere in between.

It is segmented, and the Segment class extends ReentrantLock. However,
the lock is obtained only for methods that modify the segment. The code
uses volatile variables to permit pure read operations to go through
without any locking.

Patricia