river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Progress, and a problem
Date Fri, 03 Dec 2010 22:03:10 GMT
The first conclusion I've reached is that outrigger does have users, and
so learning enough about it to fix a possible concurrency bug would be
useful. I want to begin by making the current functionality work, even
under unrealistic stress. I would also like to see if maintainability
can be improved with adversely affecting performance.

I have one wish-list item of my own - an outrigger benchmark. As I make
changes, I need some way to detect and guard against performance
regression, and possibly find performance gains. As I've already said in
this mailing list, I'm a non-believer in performance tuning without
measurement.

We can certainly start a discussion on JavaSpace enhancements. I don't
promise to be able to implement them, but I'm willing to talk.

Patricia