river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: JVM version policy
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 19:05:32 GMT
In relation to "which JVMs are interesting", the article at

<http://terrencebarr.wordpress.com/2010/11/15/java-se-for-embedded-devices-new-release-new-features-better-performance/#comment-661>

has some information about more stuff brewing.  This type of environment could
be a primary target for Jini enabled applications, and a ServiceUI based
delivery mechanism.

Gregg Wonderly

On 12/2/2010 12:42 PM, Dennis Reedy wrote:

> On Dec 2, 2010, at 127PM, MICHAEL MCGRADY wrote:
>
>> Perhaps this will help: on the generic question of going to Java 1.6, and my plea
not to do it.

>> http://www.devx.com/Java/Article/33475
>
> Michael,
>
> Thanks for the link. You may also find more information here: http://java.sun.com/javase/technologies/realtime/faq.jsp
>
> One thing on this topic that I am curious about is what Oracle's plan is for RTJ. We
certainly cant answer that in this forum. But... will they keep it? If so, and if they are
given a large enough business opportunity for it's use, will they move towards supporting
1.6? While this is a very interesting and compelling technical use of River, is it enough
to prohibit River moving to 1.6 and beyond?