river-dev mailing list archives

From Sim IJskes - QCG <...@qcg.nl>
Subject Re: hudson matrix build
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 10:02:50 GMT
On 01-12-10 16:22, Jonathan Costers wrote:
> 2010/11/30 Sim IJskes - QCG<sim@qcg.nl>
>
>> I've tried to create a hudson QA testing system:
>>
>> River-QA-runtime: building the runtime (jars).
>> River-QA: matrix job triggered by River-QA-runtime
>>
>> Excellent!
> What codebase is exactly being tested by these? The trunk? A specific
> branch/tag?
> Should we enable QA testing of whatever codebase we require?

Currently the trunk. The checkout is managed by hudson. I've no clear
picture how we could do multiple codebases. But it starts with doing the
checkout in the/a ant script.

>> So clearly until a new hudson version is released where the workspace can
>> be shared between combinations, we cannot use this job.
>>
>> Note that there is an additional dimension to the QA harness: the
> configuration it will run the tests under. At this moment, the configuration
> that is used is "none". Other possibilities include "http", "https", "jeri",
> "jrmp", jsse" and "kerberos" IIRC. Any combination of these can be passed to
> the harness at runtime, by using the harness.config Ant property (see
> qa/build.xml).

Well, even more exciting! Could you have a look at what i've brewed and
discuss/implement improvements, what we have right now cannot be run
because the slaves do not have enough diskspace. It's in the targets
hudson-qa-exec and hudson-qa-runtime.

Gr. Sim