river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: QA speed improvement
Date Wed, 01 Dec 2010 16:03:49 GMT
In many cases, there is not a shutdown hook registered when there could be.
Reggie, Mahalo and Norm in particular, having "subscription" based use, should
notify their users immediately apon catchable VM shutdown.  The mechanism
provided by

	Runtime.getRuntime().addShutdownHook(Runnable)

should be used everywhere we can to "speed up" the notification of process failures.

Gregg Wonderly