river-dev mailing list archives

From Wade Chandler <hwadechandler-apa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Fw: Re: Space/outrigger suggestions
Date Tue, 21 Dec 2010 01:13:12 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Are you saying you check all fields of your returns? Either way you have an
error arise. You have some kind of an exceptional situation. Not sure how I see
this as more of a DOS either way. It is service layer code, so of course you are
going to code against those calls with a general catch...or should. Other than
that, just performing the cast there isn't going to be some code run, just the
exception raised.

On the rest as it relates to generics, oh well, I believe this conversation has
just run off the track into a lets just prove a point no matter what or
something else completely orthogonal to the reality. I don't believe the
generics use implies anything other than there are generics used in a given
aspect of the API. I think if one wants to use generics and does they are going
to use them. Seeing them here doesn't change that, but of course that is my
opinion. I'll just leave it there, and have no interest in talking about
generics more regardless of what I do or do not know as I feel it has become a
waste of time. FWIW, I say we do as you suggest and move onto the rest of the
discussion without talking generics, and see how that goes.

Wade