river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Formatting of River Source Tree
Date Sun, 12 Dec 2010 17:37:53 GMT

On Sun, 2010-12-12 at 06:03, Sim IJskes - QCG wrote:
> On 12/10/2010 11:34 PM, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
> > Okay, this is good news, and I guess I just did not see this being
> > added. I've turned on per project formatting for the Jini tree as "tabs
> > are 8" and "indentation is 4" and that makes a huge difference in
> > readability. So maybe I can just relax a bit about this issue.
>
> I've added a small note about the tabstops. Everybody in agreement?

Suggestion:

## Older sources
We do not actively search and reformat source files
that are not formatted according to this convention.

When a coder edits an older source file some reason (e.g. bug fixes or
feature additions), he/she should reformat the file according to these
specs.  He/she should commit the reformatting separately, so as to
separate reformatting changes from actual code changes.

Cheers,

Greg.