river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Setting up River
Date Tue, 23 Nov 2010 11:01:48 GMT
Hi guys,

I've done a fresh check out and I'm trying to retrace all my steps on
how to get a River development setup ready.  Sadly, I'm failing on a
few steps.  Can anyone refresh my brain?

- Compiler Errors in the IDE
In Eclipse I have to create a new JDK 1.5 system library which doesn't
have any restrictions on the rt.jar.  This is fine, but I get the
following compiler errors in the IDE (note: building River via Ant
works fine, so I suspect this to be just an IDE issue.)

1.  com.sun.jini.tool.ClassServer complains the IOException doesn't
have a IOException(String,Throwable) constructor.  Which it doesn't in
Java 5, but it does in 6.  I thought we were staying in JDK 5 for now?
2.  test/src/net.jini.core.event.RemoteEventTest complains about
MarshalledObject not being generic.  Again this is a 1.5 vs 1.6
problem.

- Cannot run the QA tests
I can run the QA tests by browsing to $RIVER_HOME and executing "ant qa.run"

But I can't run all the tests (or specific ones) from the qa
directory.  I.e. browsing to $RIVER_HOME/qa and executing "ant
harness-runtime run-tests -Drun.tests=all" gives me the following
error:

run-tests:
     [java] Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net/jini/
config/ConfigurationException
     [java]     at com.sun.jini.qa.harness.MasterHarness.<init>(MasterHarness.ja
va:209)
     [java]     at com.sun.jini.qa.harness.QARunner.main(QARunner.java:67)
     [java] Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: net.jini.config.Configu
rationException
     [java]     at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
<snip>

(This is where I own up to never having had the patience to run all
the QA tests before...)

- Cannot run the jtreg tests
I can't run all the tests (or specific ones) from the qa directory.
I.e. browsing to $RIVER_HOME/qa and executing "ant jtreg-teardown
jtreg" gives me the following error:

    [jtreg] TEST: com/sun/jini/action/catchSecurityException/CatchSecurityExcept
ion.java
    [jtreg] JDK under test: (C:\Progra~1\Java\jdk1.5.0_13)
    [jtreg] java version "1.5.0_13"
    [jtreg] Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0_13-b05
)
    [jtreg] Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.5.0_13-b05, mixed mode)
    [jtreg]
    [jtreg]
    [jtreg] ACTION: build -- Failed. Compilation failed: exit code 1
    [jtreg] REASON: User specified action: run build CatchSecurityException
    [jtreg] TIME:   0.563 seconds
    [jtreg] messages:
    [jtreg] command: build CatchSecurityException
    [jtreg] reason: User specified action: run build CatchSecurityException
    [jtreg] elapsed time (seconds): 0.563
<snip more of the same>

This is where I own up (again) to not having tried the jtreg tests
myself for more than a year...

Can anyone point out my obvious mistakes?  Then I can write up the
right way to do it and get it on the website.

Cheers,

Tom